Panel discussion: Learning from COVID-19 - how was the land assembly process impact in 2020 and what are the lessons for 2021?
10:20 to 11:00
- Adapting for virtual - what has worked and what has not?
- What have been the challenges and opportunities?
- What will remain?
- The use of technology in the land assembly process
John Galloway. Head of UK Land & Property. Ørsted.
Sarah Collins. Lower Thames Crossing Land & Property Lead. Highways England.
How to successfully undertake and conduct land referencing
11:55 to 12:20
- COVID-19 and the impact on land referencing – has it impacted the process?
- Identifying those with land rights
- Timelines – when to start land referencing?
- How to record information
Peter King. Senior Project Manager. TerraQuest.
Panel discussion: How to manage skills in the sector and the number of projects coming forward?
15:20 to 15:50
- Managing a large number of projects coming forward at similar times
- Are there currently enough people with the skills needed?
- Training and attracting people to the sector
Christopher Simpson. Technical Director. Mott MacDonald.
Simon Harth. Technical Director. WSP.
Panel discussion: lessons and advice on navigating the process
15:50 to 16:30
- Challenges faced during the process
- Lessons learnt and advice
- Speeding up the process – what is possible?
Greg Dickson. Planning Director. Barton Willmore.
Giles Lister. Head of Utilities and Infrastructure Sector. Fisher German.