Panel discussion: What is next for the introduction of freeports and what does the creation of these mean for the sector?
10:10 to 11:05
- What does the introduction of freeports mean and what is the expected impact?
- Plans for freeports
- What are the next steps and timelines?
Jerry Hopkinson. Chief Operating Officer and Vice Chairman. PD Ports.
Tim Morris. Chief Executive Officer. UK Major Ports Group.
Peter Mason. Partner. Addleshaw Goddard.
Aart Hille Ris Lambers. UK Commercial Director. DP World.
Mike Stacey. Group Head of Commercial Projects. Associated British Ports.
Latest update and trends on changing trade patterns
11:40 to 12:05
- Current trends in trade – outlooks and forecasts
- Global trends in containers, roro, bulks and liquids
- Emerging impacts of COVID-19 and Brexit
- Opportunities and risks for the UK ports sector
Eleanor Hadland. Senior Analyst - Ports & Terminals. Drewry.
Panel discussion: The real-world impact of trade and shipping changes in 2021 – what is the impact of changes so far on ports and how is the sector responding?
12:05 to 13:00
- What sectors have been impacted and what are the opportunities?
- Where are the successes?
- How can ports respond?
- Expected changes in the next 6 months
Alex Veitch. General Manager - Public Policy. Logistics UK.
Doug Bannister. Chief Executive. Port of Dover.
Stephen Carr. Group Commercial Director. Peel Ports.
Chris Bowlas. Commercial Head, Humber Region. Associated British Ports.